The following are some valuable tips to keep in mind when considering your unit’s space effectiveness:
- Make an inventory list of the items you plan to store.
- Think about the types of boxes/containers you will use. Consider uniform sizes in order to make stacking easy. If you are considering long term storage, you may want to consider clear plastic containers. Clear ones will require less or no labelling.
- Obtain boxes that are strong enough to hold 25-30 lbs. (Do not put too many heavy items in one box).
- If you are using boxes instead of plastic bins, label them on all 4 sides and number the boxes for inventory. It is a good idea to seal the boxes with packing tape.
- Place the items you will not need to access at the back and the ones you may need to access at the front.
- Stack heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes on top.
- Place TVs and other electronics in the rear of your unit.
- Furniture such as sofas and loveseats with flat sides can be stored on end to save floor space. Wrap cushions in plastic and place on top of sofas.
- Tables and furniture that have removable legs should be broken down to save space.
- Shovels, rakes, hoes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside each other.
At Choice Storage Solutions our units are safe, secure and accessible. Units can be rented by the month, for 6 months or annually. You won’t pay for more storage than you need to.
Give us a call us at 403-652-2552 for help and advice about renting a storage unit. We’d be happy to be of service!