- Ensure you have enough time to pack by starting early. Starting early allows you to pack at a more leisurely pace, reducing stress and giving you time to organize your belongings properly.
- Begin packing in the least frequently used room. This will help you prioritize your packing and ensure that you don’t miss anything important.
- De-clutter and donate as you pack to minimize your load. Take advantage of the opportunity to get rid of anything you no longer need or want. This will make your move easier and give you a fresh start in your new home.
- Label your boxes distinctly for easy identification. This will save you time and hassle when it comes to unpacking in your new home. Be specific with your labelling and include a brief description of the contents.
- Avoid over-packing boxes to prevent them from becoming too heavy. A good rule of thumb is to keep them under 30 lbs. This will make them easier to carry and reduce the risk of injury.
- Use plastic bags for small items or spillable items. This will help prevent messes and lost items.
- Collect and transport your valuables separately. This will give you peace of mind and ensure that your most important items are safe and secure.
With these tips, your move will be a success!
If you find you need extra storage space for items you’re not ready to part with, consider contacting Choice Storage at (403) 652-2552 to book a storage unit.
Tip ideas courtesy of Macintoshgroup.ca